Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas 2008

We had a WONDERFUL Christmas! It was nice to relax and enjoy the day. We enjoyed spending time together, being with family, and eating lots of good food. Our day started out at home, we checked out the surprises Santa had left and opened a few gifts. Kylie loved her pink princess castle - at first she just looked at it from every angle. Then, she realized it was really for her and started playing. There is a whole new dimension to Christmas when you are a parent. This was the first year I really noticed it, I think because Kylie is old enough to understand presents and Santa. It was so fun watching her and sharing her joy, it was hard to even open my own gifts. I do not think I would have noticed if I had nothing to open, it was a great feeling - just being so happy that she was excited and adorable. And of course I did have things to open, I am very spoiled. A cute daughter to enjoy and gifts of my own, wow, what a day!
Next, we joined Jeff and Kara at my parents for a delicious brunch and to exchange gifts. Jeff and dad had to play surgeon when Kylie decapitated her newly opened Cinderella lego person. We returned home for a nap and a shower and a little of "The Christmas Story" on tv. Then we were off to Steve and Sue's house for dinner. Last, we went to Matt's parents' house to visit and wish everyone a very Merry Christmas!


We actually had a "white" Christmas.




Kylie had to open all toys immediately and put on all dress-up clothes.


We are not sure if these princess legos are for 3-year-olds or 3 people?


Chevy's gift from Grandma!


Looking pregnant.



1 comment:

Brittany Wagner said...

There really is a baby in there!! You are looking sooo cute!!
Merry Christmas!