Saturday, November 29, 2008

Christmas Tree Cutting

Today was a beautiful day for tree cutting in the Plumas National Forest! We started off with delicious Chorizo burritos from Jimboys and a pink sprinkled doughnut for the munchkin. After only 2 hours of searching and 9 miles on a dirt road we found a tree to bring home. It really is a nice tree, although I feel it might have been happier living out the rest of its life in the forest. But the price was great, only $10 for a tree permit! It was nice to spend the day together as a family. We escaped with only one minor injury.





Kylie thought the chainsaw was too loud.










Next time we will bring a tape measure!






Kylie showing off her wound.

2 comments:

Brittany Wagner said...

Ha ha I loved the boys next to the tree I laughed right out loud!! I sure hope it fits in your house and that you have plenty of ornaments to decorate the whole thing!

Whitaker Family said...

I love the measuring system. Great looking tree! And you all look good in your festive red.